Pack Shock

Sunday, February 21, 2010


  Wow. We just tried out our backpacks for the first time. Wow. I knew it was going to be heavy and big, but to see just how big, and feel just how heavy that pack is... WHEW!!!

  Mine weighs about 35 lbs, about 3 1/2 feet tall and bigger around than I am! I put it on and El had to help me adjust it, then I walked down our three flights of stairs and back up, and my back is still sore! 485 miles? What exactly am I thinking? We’ve gone to a local reservoir a few times and walked the track around it. It’s a three mile track and I’m so tired at the end! This is us on the track:

 
 

  I am also shocked at just how much stuff we have to stick in that bag! Tons of food, clothes (only about one extra set, but they take up a lot of room), rope, toiletries, camp shoes, sleeping bag, stove, fuel, on and on. It truly seems like the list never ends. We still have a lot to buy, and we haven’t decided on water purification system yet. We saw some at Bass Pro we liked, but we aren't sure yet.

  Elliot discovered that my pack has a built in waterproof cover, so that's a blessing! We have yet to get El's pack. Mine is North Face, but he likes REI, or a Kelty.

  Preparations go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment